Aww … Kate from the Did That Just Happen nominated me for the Super Sweet Blog Award. Aren’t you sweet to include me in your list of bloggers to follow? While I love this kind of stuff, the real reason I’m doing this post is because it gives me an excuse to pull some of my favorite Pinterest pins into a blog post.
Don’t act all surprised that I have a Cupcakes board on Pinterest! Those of you who know me know all about my quest for the best cupcake. And for those regular readers who know I can’t cook my way out of a microwave, please feel free to make any of the recipes you see on the Cupcake board and send a sample my way 🙂
And now for the rules of the award:
1. Thank the blogger that nominated you:
Thank you so very much Kate for nominating me and adding me to your list of bloggers to read! Kate and I are both single moms and it’s a great feeling knowing that there are others out there dealing with the same stuff that I am.
Kate has pushed me a couple of times to deal with some emotions that I really wanted to shove under the table. Whether it’s reading her blog posts or her prompts to help me write my own (like this one about my Yelling Less Project update), Kate is more like a messenger than just another blogger friend.
Thanks for all your support Kate and pushing me when I needed a good shove!
2. Answer 5 super-sweet questions listed below.
3. Include the Super Sweet Blogging Award in your post – done and yep, done!
4. Nominate a Baker’s Dozen (13) other deserving bloggers, also listed below.
5. Notify Super Sweet nominees on their blog.
Now for the fun with questions part:
1. Cookies or Cake?
I certainly wouldn’t turn down a decent cookie BUT if I had a choice of cookies over cake … cupcakes would win any day of the week!
2. Chocolate or Vanilla?
Chocolate – no contest here. And I mean all of it, white chocolate, milk chocolate, dark chocolate. See that picture under this comment? I’m not kidding around here folks …
3. Favorite Sweet Treat?
Let’s see … there’s this one:
And there’s this one ….
You get the idea ….
4. When Do You Crave Sweet Things The Most?
Hmm … let’s see around breakfast time, then after lunch …. and yeah, after dinner when I’m watching TV. I could eat sweets at any time of the day. I eat them when I’m happy, when I’m sad, when I’m stressed and when I feel bad (watch out Dr. Suess!).
5. Sweet Nick Name?
And now I get to pass the torch to the other bloggers I’d like to share with you (I swiped the info from their About Me pages). Hopefully, you’ll find a new blog to follow or someone who might be going through some of the same things you are.
1. Outlaw Mama: If David Sedaris was a straight, married, mother-of-two with a near-lethal obsession with Costco and a deeply ambivalent relationship to his law degree, he’d be Outlaw Mama.
2. The Daily Golden: I can’t claim to be an expert on goldens, but I really do enjoy blogging about them, and bragging about them, and bringing you the latest about golden retrievers in the news, and of course updates about her dog Tucker … and because Golden Retrievers are the cutest dogs, EVER!
3. Life with the Top Down: I felt the need to take the plunge and start to write. So far it has been a wonderful, co-pay free source of therapy for me and hopefully for some of you as well. Enjoy the ride!
4. Excitement on the Side: I’m a mom and a wife and a girl and sometimes a lady. We have a pretty damn good time in my family. We laugh a lot. We cry and yell and laugh some more.
5. Literature and Libation: I like to brew, drink, and write about beer, preferably in that order. I don’t really review beers, I appraise them. This blog is just like Antiques Road Show, except all of the appraisers are drunk and rambling about irrelevant things.
6. Insanity of Motherhood: My blog is about my experience with motherhood and midlife. I write to entertain, inspire, educate and help me through my midlife something. It’s not crisis, but it’s something.
7. Jasmine Kyle: Jasmine Kyle is a musician living in Milwaukee Wisconsin. She uses this blog to journal her journey as an independent artist, musician, navigating the music business, Pop Culture and being a mother, wife and all round bad ass mamma jamma!!
8. The Writings of Larry Bernstein: Some boys dream of being a baseball player, a cowboy, or a fireman. Not me. Well, I may have dreamed of those as well. But the first real dream job I had was to be a writer.
9. Ice Scream Mama: I drive a smoking hot, scratched up minivan generally cluttered with coffee cups, granola bar wrappers and children. I think nothing says hot mama like a 40+ woman in smelly, old gym clothes covered in yogurt and booger, traipsing down the fancy aisles of the supermarket. (Take that housewives of any county!)
10. A Teachable Mom: I’m imperfectly supporting my girls in being big, bold and colorful, traits I struggle with myself. Through them, I’m learning about joy and freedom while confronting my own insecurities. As a dear friend says, I’m “putting on my big girl pants” and playing big.
Ok I cheated a bit … I came up with my Top 10 instead of the baker’s dozen. If you have a few more to help me get to my 13, please post in the comments. I’m always looking to connect with more bloggers.