One of my favorite bloggers, Lisa from Life with the Top Down, had her dream come true last week. She officially became a Balloon Handler or in her words, Latex Engineer in the Philadelphia Thanksgiving Day Parade. I was so proud to see her realize her dream. If you haven’t heard her story yet, click on this link to read about her adventures working the parade.
I officially ‘blogger met’ her about four months ago. She was commenting on a post of a new blogger I started following. Her comments made me laughed so loudly that I clicked over to her site and without hesitation, clicked the follow button. Then she found me, read a post about Poopie McPooperson (aka my dog Winston) and that was all she wrote.
And now Life with the Top Down has nominated me for an award: The Liebster Blog Award which recognizes up and coming bloggers and winners are asked to “pay it back and forward.” The award is given to those bloggers who have less than 200 followers.
Since I fit in that category, I will graciously accept your award. And not just because it feels good to have others recognize your writing as pretty decent. I think these awards mean something to those of us who’ve been at this for awhile. I get a warm-fuzzy thinking about all the people I’ve connected with, all of the others going through the same thing as me or joining me on the journey with those moments that struck us to the core.
Let’s jump into this! The Rules for the Liebster Award are as follows:
- Link back to the blogger who gave you this award – DONE!
- Post the award to your blog – I believe you’re reading this now
- Post 11 things about yourself.
- Answer the questions asked of you, plus create 11 new questions for your nominees to answer
- Nominate 11 people you think deserve the award and link them to your post.
- Go to their pages and tell them they have been chosen
Here are the 11 things about me:
1. I’m a University of Georgia grad and this time of year, nothing matters on Saturday afternoon than football. And right now, I must say I’m DAMN proud of my DAWGS 🙂
2. I love roller coasters! Jake and I have annual passes to Universal Studios and he’s getting tall enough to ride all the rides. I’m so glad that he’s becoming a roller coaster-loving kid.
3. I love the smell of lavender.
4. Cupcakes are my favorite dessert, especially anything from The Yum Yum Truck in Orlando.
5. I’m a HUGE Buffett fan. My regular readers already know this but since I’ve been getting new followers, I thought I’d share this one with you. I went to my first concert in 1985 and almost every year, I see him in concert. With the exception of about 8 years, I’ve seen him twice a year at different venues. I’ve honestly lost track of the number of concerts, so someone do the math for me.
6. I’ve always wanted to visit Greece. Something about the blue water and all that history is very appealing to me.
7. My favorite food is macaroni and cheese. I love the fancier version at the high-end restaurant when they add lobster or crab meat but a good box of Kraft can always do the trick.
8. I LOVE my work and learning about social media. I love figuring out how social media can help others with their business. It makes me feel like a detective trying to unlock the code.
9. One of my dreams is to live in Key West every year from Dec – Feb. I want nothing more then live in a rented house or on a houseboat and just write.
10. I have the entire Sex in the City collection, including both movies. And I watch every episode from season 1 all the way to the end EVERY year. Each year that I watch it, I catch something different, I connect with a different character and honestly, I just love watching the different love stories unfold.
11. I’m a beer snob. I only like to drink import beers and if there’s nothing in the place but domestic beers or something I don’t like, I drink root beer.
Next up some questions from Lisa that I need to answer:
1. What is you favorite song of all time?
Video Killed the Radio Star – I even know who sang this: The Buggles. And if I can add an addendum – anything by Jimmy Buffett.
2. Boxers, briefs, boy shorts, granny panties, thong or the universal choice of Commando?
Hmm … I’m afraid if I answer this question, you won’t want to sit next to me on the bus.
3. Would you break the law to save a loved one?
I believe I would AND I already have a damn good lawyer I could contact.
4. Would you go back to being a teenager, without the wisdom you have now?
I’m going to take “Stupid ideas for $300 Alex” and the answer is, uh, NO.
NOW ask me if I’d go back to college and I’d say, “Are you freaking kidding me? I can go back to college and go to class all day, drink for $5 a night and go to see the Georgia Dawgs play with the other students? And wisdom, naw don’t need it. I figured it out last time, I can do it again.”
5. What are you most grateful for?
I’m grateful for my son because he makes me want to be a better person.
6. Are you a beach or mountain kind of person?
No contest – Beach, specifically Key West.
7. Reveal one of your guilty pleasures?
8. Are you a dark, milk or white chocolate lover?
Dark chocolate – I’ve heard there’s some kind of health thing with it, right?
9. If you could give a newborn child one piece of advice, what would it be?
Listen to your mother. You may think she’s a screaming crazy lunatic but you have to know, she’s been there before, seen that before and felt that before. She knows what she’s talking about.
10. What is your best childhood memory?
This one is hard as there are so many. Even though I seem messed up, I really had a pretty decent childhood.
11. Do you act your age or your shoe size?
I hate to admit but I act my age. And some days, feeling my age is exhausting.
These are the blogs I’m nominating to pay it forward. I’m not sure if you are over 200 followers but this is really a list of the blogs I like to read:
These are the questions they need to answer:
1. When you catch yourself singing, what’s the song in your head?
2. What would you do if money didn’t matter?
3. Football or baseball fan?
4. What person/band have you seen in concert that you would see again and again?
5. Favorite year of your life.
6. Dr Who or Harry Potter?
7. What’s your favorite blog post? Not the one with the most likes/comments but the one that really speaks for you.
8. Best meal you’ve ever eaten.
9. If you find yourself with a free afternoon, what would you do?
10. The last book you read that stayed with you for days.
11. Ginger or Mary Ann?
Photo credit: Parade